This is the easiest DIY Beading Mat Tray ever! And for me, The Best! All my specifications are met! OK, it is not pretty (but you can beautify it easily). But it is not ugly either. Best of all – it works and has special bonuses!
Do you love your bead mat? Oh yes! Do you hate your bead mat slipping as you work? Oh yes yes yes!
Well, I had enough. I wanted to make a bead mat tray that would be:
- be non-slip
- capable of holding multiple bead mats
- thick enough that when I pin something to it, there is enough depth to hold it
- heavy enough that it won’t lift up when I move or take pins out
- and as a bonus – able to easily change bead mats for different coloured ones.
So here is my functional DIY bead mat tray. I have tested it daily for a couple of months now and am very happy with its functionality.
Ah, don’t turn your eyes away because I seem like a lowly and ugly pin cushion. I am only a beta version. I have been on trial for a month or so. And I have made Helena so very happy!
I am a pin cushion which:
- is weighted
- is segmented to be easily organised
- has anti-rust capabilities
- can magnetically hold small work scissors
- and helps sharpen needles
I have been made to please. And I have and I do! Daily!
Helena thinks I am quite amazing (tho she does not, as yet, appreciate my lack of good looks).