Background History to Beaded Picture Crochet – Retro Geometrics
I started with this retro pattern I found Pinterest. I liked the geometric shapes and colours. Thought it might graph well.
From previous works with the same sized crochet thread, I knew I would want something like 22 rows x 60 stitches for the beaded picture crochet section.
So I scaled my image accordingly to fit my digital graph paper.
And manually graphed it ..
The good thing about the graphing is that I can change the colours so that I have, if desired, various colour versions.
- Length/Circumference: 16cm (approx. 6.5inch)
- Cuff Width: 8.5cm (approx. 3.5inch) – including ruffles and edgings
- Strong polyester crochet thread – 0.3mm dia
- Swarovski 5301 Bicone Crystals, 4mm (Alexandrite AB)
- Swarovski 5810 Crystal Pearls, 3mm (Coral, Turquoise, Burgundy, Jade)
- Swarovski Chaton Montees, 6mm, 4mm, 3mm (Crystal, Air Blue Opal)
- Czech and Japanesse Seed Beads (11/0)
- Closed metal jump rings
- Magnetic snap closures
g40 TL0 et